Come forth into the light of things,
Let Nature be your teacher.
Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. We long to do something that is different from our daily routine, something that is exciting, thrilling and certainly not mundane. FINS (Fun in Nature’s School) is an adventure camp organising venture that was set up in Delhi with the aim of introducing a love for nature through adventure and exploration.
Do you love the outdoors? Love the feeling of blood pumping through your veins? Then participating in an adventure camp may be just the thing for you. FINS is about leaving the concrete jungle behind and entering in into the lap of lush greenery and finding yourself while still learning to live in harmony with nature.
FINS - A brief description
Fun in Nature’s School (FINS), or FINS, Learning Pvt Ltd was established in June 2013 by a group of educators, defence officers and entrepreneurs. FINS has a twofold mission:
1) To bring a love for nature back into people’s lives by introducing them to the excitement and fun of adventure and exploration.
2) To create all-round great future leaders, through their Youth Leadership programmes and Outbound Training for Corporate Personnel, where provide training in natural surroundings.
What are the segments in which FINS works?
FINS has three main segments in which it carries out its work.
1) Children & Families - Under Fun in Nature’s School, fondly called FINS Camps. This is basically a camp for children and families where they learn to just step out into nature and leave their worries behind. These camps teach people to see, hear and absorb everything that nature has to offer. The camps usually last for four to six days and involve around eight to 10 hours of travelling to get to the specified location. Depending on the client’s preferences, this travel can be via rail or road.
A typical day at a FINS camp involves treks and walking through forests. The camps also organise survival skill training, which include using a compass to find directions, lighting of fires, searching for water and cooking meals in the outdoors. Often, a wildlife movie is screened before dinner and is followed later by a session of stargazing. Obstacle courses, rock climbing and rappelling can be added to the camp schedule if the client desires it. On the final day, a campfire is held marking the culmination of the camp.
2) Corporate - Under the outbound training programme named Corporate Outdoor Energiser (CORE). These are special adventure camps organised for entry level employees and mid level managers at a FINS Learning Pvt Ltd location near Sultanpur Bird Sanctuary, close to Gurgaon. The minimum duration of such a training camp is two days which can be extended according to client’s requirements. These camps are based on experiential learning and participants are encouraged to take part in Group Dynamic programmes for assessment of their personalities. Obstacle courses are also organised to build team spirit.
3) Youth - Under the Youth Leadership Programme (ULEAP), FINS aims to prepare youth for various challenges while also making the tasks fun and enjoyable. There are 4 different age groups - 10 to 13, 14 to 16, 17 to 19, and 20 to 22. This programme is usually conducted at a location near the Sultanpur Bird Sanctuary. It lasts for about 3 days. It is involves a lot of group activities, team building efforts, psychometric tests and individual assessments.
FINS definitely has something for everyone, be a child, teenager, young adult or someone even older. As long as there is a yearning to commune with nature and enjoy the beauty of nature, FINS can make nature stays fun, interesting and unique. Create fond memories and learn life skills to succeed in every endeavour – that is what FINS is all about. Contact us today to find out more about our programmes.